CANCELLED: Easter Egg Helicopter Drop 2018
Unfortunately, South Fayette Township’s Easter Egg Helicopter Drop scheduled for Sat. March 24 is CANCELLED due to extremely snowy and muddy conditions, and related potential safety issues, in Fairview Park. Rescheduling prior to Easter is not feasible due to expected ongoing weather conditions on the fields. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at other community events this year!
Event Schedule & Location
- Saturday, March 24, 2018
- 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Helicopter drop at 1 p.m., weather permitting
- Fairview Park
129 Greenwood Drive
South Fayette PA 15017
- All children MUST be signed up online for an advance ticket to attend (1 ticket per child). Adults do not need tickets.
- RESIDENTS ONLY: Free online registration for South Fayette Township RESIDENTS ONLY begins 10 a.m. Tues. Feb. 20
- NON-RESIDENTS: If tickets are still available, non-resident registration opens 10 a.m. Thurs. March 8.
- Registration completely closes to everyone at 10 a.m. Thurs. March 15.
- Free activities: petting zoo, balloon artist, face painter, bounce house, DJ and visits with the Easter Bunny
- Lunch available for sale
- Expanded parking is now available at Fairview Park.
- There will be NO off-site shuttles.
- Golf cart shuttles will be available within the park (NO designated pickup locations).
- Handicapped permit parking will be provided in the park. (You will be directed.)
- Grass parking possibly will be permitted based on weather conditions.
- For your safety, please follow the instructions of the parking assistants.
- Event check-in tables will be located in front of the Fairview Park Rotary Pavilion.
- MUST HAVE PROOF OF REGISTRATION.
- You should have received an automatic REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL WITH TICKET(S) INCLUDED when you signed up for the event. If you did not receive a confirmation email after registering, please contact Recreation Director Paula Simmons.
- You must present ticket(s) on a smartphone screen OR in the form of a printout.
- If you have more than one child registered, each child must have a ticket.
- Upon check-in, each child will receive an Egg Gathering Bag and 2 golden eggs containing 1 ticket each, redeemable for a prize at ANY TIME during the event at prize booths.
- Children participating in the hunt will be divided into the following age groups:
- 3 & under
- Each age group is assigned to a different field: yellow, blue or green (a map will be provided). The helicopter will drop eggs onto each field in succession.
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you have multiple children in different age groups, please plan to have an additional adult to accompany each child to their respective age group field.
- Kids will gather around and behind the roped-off areas until otherwise directed by event staff. They will be permitted onto the fields AFTER the eggs have been dropped and the helicopter has cleared the specific field area.
- Eggs gathered in the hunt contain small prizes or candy.
- Please limit each child to 10 eggs picked up from the field.
The dog park is closed during the event. NO DOGS or other pets are permitted in the park during the event.