Reports & Permits

Vacation Security Check
The Vacation Check Request form should be used to submit a request for the South Fayette Township police to perform security checks on your premises while you are away from your residence for extended periods.
Solicitation Permit
The Solicitation Permit Request form must used to submit a request to the South Fayette police to allow door-to-door solicitations within the township. Cost is $50/day, per person.
Alarm Device Application
The Alarm Device Application must be used to submit a request to the South Fayette police to allow the operation of an alarm device within your residence or business within the township.

Accident, Complaint, & Incident Reports
If you are involved in a police case and need a copy of the report, contact the Police Secretary at 412-221-2170 during regular business hours, M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A $20 fee applies. To file a new report, visit the police station during normal hours or call 9-1-1 and request an officer. Reports cannot be taken by phone.

Traffic & Speeding Complaints
Citizens may notify police of a specific traffic concern. Police responses could include placing a police car and officer in the area to observe traffic or temporarily posting a speed limit monitoring trailer. Call 9-1-1 or report an ongoing speeding concern through the township website.

Abandoned Vehicles
Police officers will investigate abandoned vehicles that are parked on public streets and have either expired inspection or registration stickers. Abandoned vehicles on private property are investigated by Township Code Enforcement (call 412-221-8700).