Please submit an online interest form to be contacted about volunteer opportunities, or if you would like to offer help related to COVID-19 hardships.
South Fayette Township encourages involvement in local government through volunteerism. Citizens giving generously of their time can greatly enhance many public events and services. Residents, students and community groups from the township and surrounding areas are invited to join this team of dedicated, civic-minded individuals by becoming a volunteer or unpaid intern in areas such as:
- Community Events
- Community Outreach
- Parks and Recreation
- Writing / Photography / Communications
- Special Skills
How Do I Volunteer?
- Consider your skills and areas of interest, and the times and days you would be available to lend a hand. Volunteer opportunities may be available during community events, at the township office or even from your home.
- Complete the brief online Volunteer Interest Form, or call the township office at 412-221-8700.
- A township staff member will contact your and discuss any volunteer opportunities that may match your interests and skills. Safety clearances and additional information may be required.
- Use your talents, meet new people and enjoy the satisfaction of lending a hand to your community!
Background Safety Clearances
Volunteers age 18 and over are required to complete, pass and submit the following safety clearances prior to beginning routine volunteer work. Fees are waived. Township staff can help you go through the process.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Check (state waives fee for volunteers)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (state waives fee for volunteers)
- FBI Criminal Background Screening Check (township reimburses the fee for approved volunteers with acceptable clearance outcomes):
- If you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for LESS THAN 10 YEARS, you must complete the . Once registered, you must visit one of the designated fingerprinting services locations listed on the same website.
Notes on Volunteering
- Certain volunteers may be required to complete a .
- All volunteer work is unpaid and does not represent entry into a paid job or formal employment.
- A volunteer position or volunteer work, including volunteer internships, may be terminated at any time at the discretion of South Fayette Township.
- Volunteer activities should be guided by South Fayette Township Resolution 08 of 2013.