Real Estate Taxes
South Fayette elects the tax collector to accept payment for real estate taxes (property taxes) for both South Fayette Township and the South Fayette Township School District. The township office does not directly handle tax collection.
- Township tax checks must be made payable to "South Fayette Township."
- School tax checks must be made payable to "South Fayette School District."
Real Estate Tax Payment Hours
The tax collector does not have a permanent office in the township building, but holds office hours during periods of high volume. Hours will be published on the Tax Office Calendar when available. Otherwise, please contact the collector regarding availability for individual meetings.
3-Year Tax Certification To obtain a 3-year tax certification by email, please direct your request to the tax collector.
South Fayette Township tax bills are mailed out April 1. They can be paid at a 2% discount up to May 31; at face amount up to July 31; or at a 10% penalty amount up to Dec. 31. Township tax revenue funds operations such as police, public works/roads, code enforcement, trash/recycling, fire departments, library, website/social media/magazine/communications, administration, municipal government and more.
School district tax bills are mailed out July 1. School bills can be paid at a 2% discount up to Aug. 31; at face value up to Oct. 31; or at a 10% penalty amount up to Dec. 31. This tax revenue funds only the school district, and not the township.
Please note: Property owners are responsible for paying taxes on schedule even if they do not receive a bill.
Property Tax Millage Rates
- South Fayette Township (2018): 4.73 mills = $473 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
- South Fayette Township School District (2017-2018 school year): 26.7 mills = $2,670 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
- The Allegheny County Treasurer's Office handles county tax collection. : 4.73 mills = $473 a year for every $100,000 of assessed value.
Delinquent Tax Collection
Jordan Tax Service collects delinquent/past-year real estate taxes.