Planning & Land Development
Apply for planning approval, such as land development, subdivision, consolidation and conditional use.
Please contact the Planning & Zoning Department prior to starting an application.
Applications normally are considered by the Planning Commission and Board of Commissioners.
Applications, Fees & Resources
- Application Flow Chart (PDF)
- Application for Subdivision / Land Development with Agent Authorization Form and Allegheny County Review Application(PDF)
- Community Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Planning Commission Meeting Dates and Fee Summary - 2023 (PDF)
- Resolution 2019-16, Fee Schedule, Amended by Res. 2022-19 (PDF)
- Resources to Help Businesses Accurately Identify Location as South Fayette (PDF)
- Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance - Application Checklist (PDF)
- Summary Overview of Application Process (PDF)
- Zoning Hearing Board Application and Deadlines - 2023 (PDF)
Accurately Identify Your Business Location
South Fayette Township requires all businesses and organizations within its borders to accurately identify their location as being in South Fayette, regardless of the postal address.
Advertising and property signage must identify "South Fayette" or "South Fayette Township" as the location, even when the South Fayette property’s postal mailing address uses the Bridgeville, Oakdale, McDonald or other ’city name.’
For details, please reference this township article and "truth in advertising" ordinance.
Designated commercial areas of South Fayette Township are eligible to apply for a tax abatement under the Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance (LERTA) program. Learn about LERTA in the township code.