The top priority of South Fayette Township during this challenging time is the health and safety of our citizens and employees. Please follow the orders and recommendations of health officials to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Stay calm, stay home, stay safe.
South Fayette Township has filed an emergency declaration to support the local response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19, a respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, can spread from person to person. Symptoms can include fever, cough and shortness of breath. If you think you may have been exposed, call your health care provider immediately.
Pennsylvania and South Fayette residents are asked to wear non-medical-grade masks across the nose and mouth to help protect each other from coronavirus in public. Read on...
Open spaces and trails in township parks remain open, but the township is closing all playgrounds and pavilions until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Indoor restrooms remain closed, but portable restrooms are available. Read on...
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, Waste Management is not picking up any yard waste, furniture or excess trash. Regular trash and recycling pickup continue, but all trash must be bagged (no loose items) and all recycling must be inside the bin. Read on...
Interactive map showing confirmed cases in Allegheny County, by municipality
Community Needs Assessment
South Fayette Township is concerned about South Fayette residents who may be experiencing a hardship due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you need special assistance, please let us know so we can try to connect you with the resources to help:
- Leave a message on our 24-hour helpline: 412-221-8700, ext. 254
- Submit an online form: www.southfayettepa.com/help
Responses are confidential and shared only to the extent needed to provide assistance. The township does not have special access to supplies, but we are assessing community needs during this challenging time to determine how we may be able to help.
- Allegheny County Free Food Distribution Sites
- Bridgeville Community Food Bank
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Senior Citizen Food Programs
- Senior Food Box Program - South Fayette (During COVID-19 restrictions, please call the township office at 412-221-8700, extension 222, to sign up rather than appearing in person.)
- South Fayette School District: Free curbside meal pickup 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday at high school, Old Oakdale Road, for students qualifying for free/reduced meals and South Fayette senior citizens in need
- South West Meals on Wheels
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Pennsylvania COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program
- Small Business Administration Loans
- South West Communities Chamber of Commerce
- 2-1-1 In Southwestern Pennsylvania, dial 2-1-1 OR call 888-856-2773 OR text your ZIP code to 898-211
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 OR call 800-273-8255 (Spanish: 1-888-628-9454)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- Substance Abuse Help OR call 1-800-662-4357
- Veterans: 1-800-273-8255 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Dollar Energy Fund
- Utility Company Contact Information
- West Penn Power / First Energy - Electricity Bill Assistance - For residential customers, the first step is to call 1-800-545-7741.